Saturday, January 26, 2008
In Christ Alone
Brian LittrelIn Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand
In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone
In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord
In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ Alone.
---------------------------------------------
we got our results back on thursday. and even though i did well, many others didn't. i saw them crying, frowning at their result slip through tears wondering what on earth went wrong, some had their friends around them, others were alone. and it hurt to see them like that, knowing that they wouldn't have any source of comfort, nothing that could give them a peace inside. they'd built up everything - their whole secondary school life for the o levels, studied like crazy after feeling the pressure of the supposed enormity that it plays in our life while setting themselves immovable goals that they must achieve or else..
or else what? the question with no answer. the consequences are far too dire to even imagine it possible, it simply cannot happen, can it, after all the work put in? it's not logical. you put in a certain amount of work, you'll get a certain result. it makes sense theoretically. but then life's not a theory. so what happens to the people who's minds fall apart when they don't do 'well'? nothing will really comfort them completely, having to settle for something 'less', having 'not made it' into a jc or the course that they wanted. would they recover? with having 'failed' would they have the drive to get past it?
don't get me wrong, i'm thankful, grateful for my 8. i havent stopped praising God even as i walk down the street. but sometimes you just have to stop and think about those who are lost, those who don't have God to bring them through their sadness.
emotions make actions happen.
-----------------------------------------------------
4:59 pm